Continuing on with the grand spirit of, Top Five’s, I want to venture into the land of gaming for this one. We all have a favorite title and we all have ones that we loathe more than anything. They can range from small indies to massive triple A titles. If you haven’t looked at our Top Five Anime Girls, please feel free to give that post a gander. It won’t take too much of your time.
- Overwatch: Being the latest gem to my eye, Overwatch has quickly consumed most of my free time and personal life. I have merely become a vegetable in service of the awesome title crafted by Blizzard. Part TF2 part arena style shooter, Overwatch aims to redefine how we play multiplayer shooters and how we work as a team to complete our given objectives. Being the first new IP in over two decades, Overwatch is quickly becoming a staple in the shooter genre.
- Persona 4 Golden: The quintessential JRPG series roars into the handheld scene with screaming success. It is widely held as one of the best Persona games to date and the best polished. Not saying the others were not as great, just not as well received by outsiders to the series. Being the main reason why many bought a PS Vita, P4G is a slice of life simulator with dungeon crawling goodness to match. Two parts fun and five parts challenging, P4G will push players for hours on end in their pursuit to build the best party and the best relationship they can with a lady of their choosing. Don’t forget to study for that test!
- Fallout 4: Arguably the one series that tries to make the Nuclear Apocalypse seem fun, Fallout 4 is the love child to Fallout 3 that I have been craving for, for almost seven long years. Bringing survival mode and mods to console, the game has an amazing lifespan ahead of itself and has already seen me dump several hours into multiple files and playthroughs. Having the freedom to wander around, build my own settlements and to craft a weapon to my liking is like a godsend.
- Halo Wars: One of the most underrated and underappreciated titles and the last one by Ensemble Studios, Halo Wars is a title that I will always cherish. Brining my love of RTS and marrying it to Halo lore, Halo Wars is the title I always wanted from a Science Fiction game. While I was always a fan of Ensemble’s work with Age of Empires, Halo Wars was their crowning achievement for me. It brought simple and easy to use controls to a platform in which many boast cannot play RTS games..
- Final Fantasy Advance Tactics 2: Lastly we have a title that is singly responsible for me pouring over 100+ hours of gameplay time into it. Final Fantasy Advance Tactics 2 is the top dog in handheld, strategy games. Their is no equal and many of the games that I play after it are often compared back to this original title. While games like, Fire Emblem, have long been using this format as well, FFAT2 was my introduction to the savory fun of top down, turn based strategy games.
Hope you all enjoy this list too! My top five is always changing and you can bet we will revisit this list sometime in the future. Granted great titles come and go but the ones that have you invested will always stick with you, regardless of the time you have not spent playing them. Leave a comment down below about your own Top Five choices!
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/OGZ_Kausus
Support OGZ: https://www.paypal.me/OtakuGamerZone