Quotes that are memorable are ones that last with us. Some quotes like Kamina’s, “Believe in the me that believes in you.” or Naruto’s many peppy talks about him becoming Hokage. Though there is one bit in particular for me that I always enjoyed. This one is also from Cowboy Bebop. While not just a quote per say, rather a bit of dialogue between Vicious and Spike when they first encounter one another in the church. It follows something like this… (Sourced from the Cowboy Bebop Wiki page! Does not contain accurate flow but is mainly the talking bits between Spike and Vicious.)
- Vicious: When angels are forced out of heaven, they become devils. You agree, don’t you Spike?
- Spike: I’m just watching a bad dream I never wake up from.
- Vicious: I’ll wake you up right now.
- Spike: What’s your rush Vicious, after all, it’s been a long time.
- Vicious: *hmhm* Are you pleading for your life?
- Spike: Hardly, begging doesn’t work on you, remember? Even if it’s coming from the man who took you in and made you what you are.
- Vicious: He was a beast who lost his fangs; that’s why he had to die Spike. And that’s why you have to die…
- Vicious: You should see yourself. Do you have any idea what you look like right at this moment, Spike?
- Spike: What?
- Vicious: A ravenous beast. The same blood runs through both of us. The blood of a beast who wanders, hunting for the blood of others.
- Spike: I’ve bled all that kind of blood away.
I always found Vicious’s look on life and his views on the past he shares with Spike, something of a curious and interesting nature. Cowboy Bebop does that though, it gives us such a rough look on the cold truths of life that we’d rather not openly face or even comment on. It’s bits like this conversation that is so quote worthy that you can’t help but feel chilled or a bit excited upon reading. I know I bent the rules a bit here but trust me, just one quote from this dialogue would have been a bit of an injustice to the anime in my opinion. If you have yet to see this whole scene, then allow me to share it with you. It is one of the best scenes that you can see in Cowboy Bebop and if you have yet to watch this anime, I highly encourage you to pick this one up and give it a fair bit of viewing love. It is packed full of laughs, somber moods and inspiration.
So, as always let us know what some of your favorite quotes are! We are more than happy to hear them! Feel free to give us a comment below or head on over to give us a shout on our twitter page! And thank you to those who have nominated our small little site! We hope to get around to answering all of these questions in due time! Thank you for the patience and support!