Queue the confetti! Bring out the bands! Strike up the banners! But in all seriousness, lynlynsays just nominated me for a Liebster Award! This is this blogs first nomination and I gotta say this is a great and humbling honor! Honestly I wanted to post a reaction of my face but, my camera filter was buggy so, this was the best I could do for you all!
So, the rules are pretty simple, answer 11 questions that the nominator has asked and then propose several new questions your self! Pretty easy! The Requirement is for your website/blog/vlog/cat to have less than 200 followers! Whether that is just pure WordPress or a total of the different avenues for social media is not too clear but the general consensus is the base follower stats on WordPress! Also here is a fancy picture of the Liebster Awars rule set!
To be fair and honest I just realized that after uploading this post I forgot the 11 random facts about myself… It is a bit silly to forget that so here are 11 random bits of information about me!
- I have a longer right leg than left leg.
- I like blue, black and pink as colors.
- I exclusively listen to Kpop/Jrock now.
- I once ran into the actor who played the mummy at universal studios.
- I’m petrified of heights.
- When thinking of, seeing or feeling a nail-filer, it cause me to feel very uncomfortable… .w.
- I used to be a big time Xbox fan…
- I had a friend who was part of a short lived girl group called The Stunners.
- I hated writing in school and I hated having to write essays on the computer. Try to spot the irony.
- I’ve only had cats as pets.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with Kill la Kill.
Now, this award is something that helps to promote smaller blogs/websites/vlogs/cats to help give the community an awesome pool from which to share information and to become better connected overall. lynlynsays, it is once again humbling and down right amazing that I was considered for this award. It means a lot for a website that came out swinging since just this past March. If you guys haven’t already seen their website, do check it out! The content is delightful and the website is always on my radar in terms of what I read when I wake up. So, with out further stalling, lets get to those juicy questions lynlynsays has prepared for us!
lynlynsays question time!
1. ) If you could describe your personality in three words, what three words would you use? And why those words?
Random- Mainly just for the simple fact that I don’t really follow set pattern. From my friends and co-workers that know me outside of a professional atmosphere, my personality tends to bounce around.
Kind- I could careless if my day has developed to crap or if I have to deal with crap. I try my best to keep a kind outlook and perspective in every aspect that I handle with life.
Open- I will hardly be a person that will hide how they feel about a situation and person. I’m literally a book laying on that table, ready for reading. Good and bad, yes; however that doesn’t mean I am not reserved.
2. ) Do you have a pet peeve? If so, what is it?
This is an odd one… Not so much that it is outlandish as it it just normal? It mainly is applied to work however, it mainly deals with a person who is in a leadership position yet, delegates and blames those for their lack of effort and or work. Nothing gets on my nerves more than someone who scapegoats others to try to cover their own rear ends.
3. ) Do you think out loud?
Occasionally. This mainly applies to D&D, where I am trying to formulate dialogue and I tend to then start talking out loud and in accents. The same is applied to homework or something that is requiring a lot of focus. For the most part I can formulate quite well inside my head.
4. ) Do you listen to music while you blog? If so, what genre of music?
The genre varies though it tends to be either composed or soundtracks. In fact, I have a playlist that I use just for writing. It is mainly just a jumbled mess of fantastic anime songs that I adore and really get me writing. It is actually playing in the background even now.
5. ) If you could make a “Soundtrack of Your Life,” what five songs would you put?
The five songs I would put will be as follows…. Prepare for a lot of YouTube videos! hah.
First off, we have Garnidellia’s ambiguous.
Second, we have Trust Me by Yuya Matsushita.
Third, we have When Your Hearts Stops Beating by Plus44
Fourth, we have Sunnyhill’s Princess and Prince Charming.
And fifth, we have My Copycat by Orange Caramel.
6. ) Have you ever went karaoke? Did you like it, why or why not?
I have, only once and it wasn’t to an exact karaoke bar or place. It was just with a few of the foreign exchange students I was helping this past semester and it was a little odd to me but it was still very fun! I don’t often sing in-front of a live audience. The shower tends to be my only audience member. Would I do it again? Definitely!
7. ) Coffee or tea?
You would ask the most difficult question… It really depends on the day. I love coffee as much as the person next to me, however I do love a good cup of Green Tea or Oolong tea. Tea is much more enjoyable to have on a day where one can just unwind and relax and enjoy what life has to offer, while coffee fills that need for speed role in my life, hah!
8. ) Your top five favorite books of all time (well so far in life)?
My top five books are as follows in no specific order.
-Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
-Lord of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
-Art of War by Sun Tzu
-The Republic by Plato
-A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. Martin
9. ) If you could rewrite the ending of a book, anime or manga? Which would it be and why?
I don’t usually have much of an issue with book, anime or manga endings but Toradora just ended with our really expanding on Taiga’s and Ryuji’s realtionship. Though, I have not read the manga series, I can only hope that it expands more on it; as that being my one big issue.
10. ) If you knew the world is going to end tomorrow, what would you do on your last day?
I would go back an watch Jurassic World as many times as I can. I loved and adored that movie so much and I wouldn’t mind shelling out money for that. I would also possibly watch as much anime as I could possibly contain. Fairly simple stuff but, I would enjoy it and fully want to engross myself in it.
11. ) Would you meet a blogger (or bloggers) in real life? If so, who and why?
Well, he isn’t so much a blogger/vlogger, however he does run a D&D series for Geek and Sundry and I did have to awesome chance to meet and talk with him. That person being Matther Mercer. A fantastic Voice actor, amazing guy and awesome Dungeon Master for D&D. I got to meet him at this past March’s Naka-Kon in Overland Park, Kansas City, Kansas.
Alrighty! That concludes the hardest Q&A I have had to do thus far. As long as it was, I did really enjoy this and I did super enjoy receiving my first nomination for the Liebster Award! So, today will now be an epic party day and I hearby decree that we all celebrate and dance the night away!
But wait… I gotta nominate new bloggers! So get ready for the list that will knock off your socks and send you straight into orbit! Well, maybe not the last part but these bloggers are equally deserving of this nomination and I hope that they receive the same success that everyone is striving for when it comes to writing in general. So, here are my 11.
Alright, the nomination deed is done… Now it is time to give you all a list of new questions! Also as per standard I will be notifying each and everyone of you with a comment! So I hope you guys/gals all notice! Alright so your new 11 questions are…
- What got you into Anime, Gaming, Writing, etc…? What was a big factor in this?
- If you could meet one voice actor/actress, who would the be and why?
- What made you want to blog?
- Wine or Cheese?
- If you could redo one review or post you have done, knowing what you are capable of now, what would that post be and why?
- What are your top five bands/groups?
- Who or what is your inspiration for what you do in life?
- When it comes to gaming, What platform do you prefer and why? If you don’t play video games, then what tabletop games and why?
- How long have you been writing?
- If you had to give up one thing, whether it was gaming, anime, writing, etc… Which would it be and why?
- Where do you see your blog/website this time next year?
So, this is the fond, sweet end of this post. I had an enjoyable amount of time filling this out and I had a great time being able to nominate new and still developing blogs that I browse on my reader. I hope this is enough to get these guys/gals some good viewership and to help get them on the map. This post also marks my websites 50th post! Makes sense it should be an award nomination post. Otaku Gamer Zone thanks it’s subscribers, followers, readers and more for their continued support and we hope you find the suggested blogs as wonderful as we have! Thank you once more to lynlynsays for the nomination and I wish you luck as your site continues to grow and develop!
Day time worker and full time blogger! Can be reached at email@example.com for business inquires.